Michele K. Robichaux
Michele is a Digital and Interactive Media and Entertainment Attorney who has been guiding creators, entrepreneurs and businesses since 2005. Her practice supports creators of all kinds, from traditional entertainment talents to Digital Creators, Influencers, Vloggers, Edu-tainers, Gamers, Streamers, Communicators, Writers, Artists, Musicians, Producers, Developers, and more.
Michele is well-versed in the legal issues that affect creative endeavors, and is passionate about crafting legal strategies that support, safeguard and strengthen creative projects and businesses. She regularly counsels clients on:
- New media and traditional entertainment deals and agreements including: talent, influencer, agency, network, sponsorship, publishing, development, production, option, shopping, licensing, merchandising, brand incubation, and collaboration agreements and the many other agreements and deals common to the traditional and new media entertainment worlds
- Promotions, contests and sweepstakes
- Right of Publicity issues and appearance releases
- FTC endorsement guidelines
- Intellectual Property strategies and issues, including the registering of trademarks and copyrights; content clearance; cease and desist letters; Fair Use analysis and counsel; DMCA takedown and Content ID issues
- Privacy compliance including COPPA, CCPA/CPRA, GDPR and compliance with other relevant regulatory schemes
- Classification of employees and independent contractors and associated agreements
- And the many other legal questions that creatives encounter in their projects, businesses and careers
Michele works with clients all over the world, and splits her time between Italy and the US. When she’s not working, she’s spending time with family in the US, geeking out on art, history and ancient ruins in Rome, harvesting olive oil and other yummy stuff from her family farm in northern Puglia or exploring someplace new.
- Juris Doctorate
University of California – Berkeley
- Bachelor of Arts
University of San Diego