Odin Law Seeking Spring 2019 Law Clerk
Odin Law and Media is a law practice that focuses on representing video game, interactive and digital media and Internet clients in business, intellectual property, content clearance, privacy, commercial contracts, employment and Internet regulatory matters. Our emphasis is on creative solutions, excellent service and quality work product.
This clerkship provides a paid opportunity for a driven law student to gain knowledge, experience and skills under the direct supervision of the founder of Odin Law and Media. The Law Clerk will work on, among other things, special projects conducting legal research and drafting. Clerks may also be expected to prepare and/or review contract documents, assist on intellectual property/trademark projects and more.
The clerkship is intended to last approximately three months during the Spring 2019 semester, depending on candidate availability. Candidates must be located in the Raleigh-Durham region of North Carolina though the majority of the Clerk’s responsibilities will be performed remotely. Applications will be accepted through December 15th, 2018.
- Must be a current 2L or 3L at an ABA accredited law school
- Ability to work independently but still maintain responsive communication with the Odin Law and Media team (usually via Slack)
- Ability to edit and proof legal documents
- Attention to detail
- Completion of or concurrently taking at least one of the following courses: copyright, trademark, intellectual property, entertainment law, advanced contract drafting or an equivalent.
- Experience with Google Docs, Slack and/or Clio is a plus
- Interest in the video game industry is a plus
In order to apply, please contact email@example.com with the subject line “Law Clerk – Spring 2019” and include a resume, transcript, a single paragraph on why we should consider you for this role as well as a gif that sums up your feelings about this opportunity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.